Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Craig Rivet Signing


I mentioned earlier that I got the Sabres at the Senators game. Well, I have been collecting Craig Rivet since he was with the Kingston Frontenacs back in 1992. I did get an in person auto from him at a game. I mailed him once he had some Canadiens cards and he sent them back quickly. I purchased a "game used" stick on ebay in 2001. It was from a guy in Philadelphia that stated that Craig gave it to him after a game down there. I have been hoping to get it signed at some point in Montreal. I guess the opportunity never arose and before I knew it, he was traded to San Jose. The Sharks don't venture to the North East very often, so I thought I was doomed. Then, he signed with the Sabres in the off season. So, going up to get the Sabres, I thought this might be the chance. Craig was more than happy to sign my stick, and I asked him if he could verify its authenticity. He did and said that he used that stick in one of his first seasons with the Montreal Canadiens!!! He signed one of the best autographs I have ever gotten on the blade and signed a puck for me. He also signed 8x10s for my buddies that were with me. For a lifelong fan of him, it was awesome to have this stick signed, but to actually get to talk with him for a few minutes. Craig is definitely a true class act. Here is the pic of the stick and puck.

No comments:

Post a Comment