Monday, November 13, 2023

Mike Bossy - purchase

 I have been working on getting all of the base cards signed from the 01-02 Fleer Greats of the Game Set.  I have loved this set from the moment it came out.  The base cards are all white and mostly cardboard stock with some glossy layover, so they show an autograph amazingly.  I am now up to 69 of the 89 card set signed.  There are a bunch that were deceased prior to the set release, so those are not possible.  There are others that have since deceased, so that is going to be a challenge for me to complete.  I am going to keep working on it anyways and see if I can do it.  I may fill in the set with some of the certified autographs that were also in this set.

I did not get a Mike Bossy one prior to his death.  His daughter had a bunch of his stuff autographed for sale for their charity.  We got talking to her for a few minutes and she said when he took ill, they brought up all of his extra stuff from their basement and had him sign it all.  She said he really enjoyed doing that at the time.  So, I had to purchase this as soon as I saw it.  I was almost jumping up and down to check this off of my list.

Here is the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment