Saturday, March 13, 2010

NHL Oldtimer's Hockey Challenge IP

The Oldtimer's Hockey Challenege tour came through Kingston, Ontario this past week.  I go to this event nearly every year to get some autographs of NHL legends.  This is by far the best NHL Alumni tour that is around.  Their website is www.oldtimershockey.com.  Check their site for a schedule. 

Here is what I got:

I got Steve Shutt to sign my McFarlane base.  His "free" signature is pretty crappy compared to the signature he uses on certified autographs.  I am not selling it though, so no big deal. 
I got Rick Vaive on this Sabres card.  I got him at another alumni event last month.
I got Craig Simpson on these 2 cards.  He was great.  Chatted with the fans and made a talked a bit about Battle of the Blades. 
I got Dave Ellett on this card as well.
Former olympian, Lori Dupuis was part of the roster as well.  She was a member of the 2002 Gold Medal team and the 1998 Silver Medal team.  She was great with the fans and signed for everyone.
Billy Smith pulled up in his car to get Steve Shutt.  I was one of the only people that recognized him so I got him to sign my 8x10.

3 comments:

  1. they are here in 2 weeks, did they sign at the event or outside? I have been to many, usually having to pay the $130 for a jersey then that gets you down to them congrats though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just waited after the game where they come out and board their bus. Most were pretty good, but beware of Jimmy Mann. He is a big douche bag now. He thinks everyone is out to make money on the autographs. He was a real asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know from experience anderson is a jerk too, but kinda a challenge....he has signed for me twice but thinks I will get rich off his Leafs jersey....

    ReplyDelete