Sunday, August 7, 2011

John Erskine and Danny Taylor IP

The local NHLers and prospects participated in a charity event to raise money for Kingston Minor Hockey.  There is quite a few local guys playing in the NHL, OHL, AHL, and NCAA.  I think some of the guys left from different areas of the rink, so I missed a lot of them.  I know a lot of people were dissappointed that Taylor Hall was not there but he had another commitment in Niagara Falls.
Danny Taylor played for the Kingston Frontenacs and was drafted by the LA Kings.  Although he was born in England, he has lived in Kingston, ON for most of his life.  He has only played 1 period of play in the NHL and he has bounced around in the minors quite a bit before going over to Europe to play last season.  He is currently a free agent, so hopefully he will get signed by a North American team.  I actually purchased his used pads from the Kingston Frontenacs a few years ago, and I have been using them ever since.  I have every NHL card of him that has ever been made.  08-09 UD Black had letter mark cards that spelled out the players' names.  I was trying to collect them one by one, but the "Y" was short printed and hadn't come up yet.  Some one listed a whole set, so I bought it.  I waited a while and eventually another "Y" popped up on ebay, so I bought it too.  I gave Danny my second set, and he thanked me.  We chatted for a few minutes and he signed a puck for me.  He is a great guy and a great goalie, so hopefully he makes his way back to the NHL.
John Erskine is a monster of a defenceman that plays for the Washington Capitals.  He was originally drafted by the Dallas Stars in 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment